Sonntag, 10. Februar 2013

037/365 - 06. February 2013

So sad

Yesterday evening I reached my lowest point so far. Have been to the neurosurgeon and he told me I had bad prolapses in my spine and that every therapy to become painfree would include, or better require, stop nursing.

I was devastated... the thought to stop our breastfeeding relationship that fast was so horrible. I would not be able to wean her within one or two days and I was not able to stand this incredible pain any longer.

So what to do? 

My lovely hubby was a great support. He tried to comfort me and was by my side as I shed lots of tears of despair. This was incredible!

And I asked my lovely friends for some advices. I never ever thought to get so many supporting, heartwarming and helpful words. They told me not to despair, to research and not to believe every word the doctor says. They were so sweet and I´m happy to have so many friends all around the world who are taking part of someone´s life. Somebody they don´t even have met.

So I spent this morning on the phone, calling an information bureau which is specialized on drugs during pregnancy and for nursing mamas.

.... and they told me there was no reason to stop with breast milk. One of the most wonderful news ever! I´m sure that there are enough people who do not understand my concerns about this special topic but for me and my babygirl it´s essential.

Biggest relief... today... I am thankful... and proud not to have quit! 
Breastfeeding my daughter (and my boy before) is the most rewarding and difficult thing I have ever done. It isn´t really a struggle for us but it is demanding a constant giving of myself... and getting the purest love back from her!

I would give my life for my babies,

I adore you


My boy... you are simply perfect!


Love,

Mama

1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm so so so happy for you (and Lina) that you were able to figure out a solution to your problem. xoxo big hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016