Montag, 2. Juli 2012

184/366 - 02. July 2012

Stairs

Little Lina is now climbing the stairs on her own. A few days ago she learned how to do it at great-grandmother´s. I let her play at the end of the steps and suddenly my clever girl started to crawl upstairs. 


Every single day she shows me that she is definitely growing into a big girl. Lina is sweet, clever, teachable, persistent and incredibly motivated to learn. So... new skills appear constantly!

Defiant

My boy is very much fighting with himself and mama at present. Months ago the despite phase announced... and now we are midst. It´s exhausting, annoying, demanding and sometimes even sad. 
I can see my son being desperate (or even desperately screaming) when somebody doesn´t react like he wanted to or mama told him strictly to stop.
In addition he is much more impatient, loud and energetic than all the time before and this together means a bad combination.

When there is plenty of time and somebody is busily playing with him there aren´t really complications. A problem raised while playing can be solved at once.

Today in the afternoon when daddy came home from work they continued building the new floor on our terrace. Obviously Max was busy and not whining at all.


But... when mama has doing housework, is occupied with little Lina or just unable to react like he is demanding... a thunderstorm breaks loose. Definitely a situation you don´t always know how to react best. Ignore, help, comfort, rant, remain silent, become loud, run away????

Nevertheless... all my love for my loved ones... annoying or not!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Its great to see Max's focus here, he is wonderfully engaged. You can see something of the brilliant young man he will be, and this frustrated phase will be a distant memory! I love how you capture milestones like Lina's stair-climbing and your pictures from your recent holiday were wonderful.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'm sure that as soon as he figures out how to express himself again, you'll have your joyful Max back. V is climbing stairs too and it's so scary! Up is so easy - down is so much more difficult and that's the dangerous direction!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Though I have no advice, I just want to commiserate that we too struggle with parenting a sometimes-grouchy toddler. It seems to come in waves: frustration, then language development and she's happier for awhile . . . then frustration again before she reaches the next big developmental step. I just try to tell myself that my daughter will not be 2 forever!

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016