Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012

178/366 - 26. June 2012

Princess at 10 months

Days ago I had an unpleasant discussion about my extended breastfeeding with Lina. This experience showed me that I will never ever give an answer to this question - "How long are you going to nurse?"- again. It´s my decision and I´m not going to share it with anybody. I´m not going to give anybody the choice again to criticize my way of feeding my children or anything concerning parenting.

It´s sad but most of the people think that when children look like they could be old enough to eat... then they should do it. But nursing means much, much more. People judge without knowledge and make people like me unhappy. Breastfeeding - how long ever - is right and natural!

I give my babies all my affection and the way I feed them is including this. So... I´m proud of the today´s picture showing my little - unfortunately sick - sweet doll breastfeeding in a totally new position... and she fell asleep at once! It´s heartwarming when I think about these wonderful moments when she snuggles to me... her warm/hot little body... when beautiful Lina is totally relaxed!


It´s just to much for me when I think about the fact that she is one in a few weeks. My little babygirl who makes progresses nearly every single day. 

New Accomplishments, Likes and Dislikes
  • standing up and walking along the sofa 
  • waving and clapping with her sweet hands
  • repeating mama and papa... mostly
  • saying "Hata!" from the Peekaboo game
  • Lina likes mashed fruits and everything tasting sweet
  • all in all she is not very keen on eating
  • she can´t stand socks... is taking them off seconds after putting them on
  • my Honey is a bad nightsleeper at present... hope this will improve soon!
  • she is taking her nap at the grandparent´s house for a month now and is doing great
Lina is such a gorgeous doll. She is learning incredibly fast and is growing quickly into a big girl. 
Lina, I love you so very much!

Rascal

Max is at a very exhausting stage at present. He is doing exactely the opposite of everything being told and wanting lots of attention. Sometimes it´s really difficult to stay calm and tell him he is behaving wrong. Nevertheless he is cute as always and I tell him hundreds of times that I love him. 

Fortunately he is not angry about the fact that I spent lots of time with Lina today because she is very ill. Not angry... but demanding for me otherwise.

So I decided to go shopping with him in the evening to take him out. He liked it very much and got two little new cars.  Here he is calmly playing with them before evening care and bedtime with daddy.



My boy... no matter how you are behaving, no matter if I rant sometimes or giving you a time-out... 
I love you from the depths of my soul!

4 Kommentare:

  1. The photo of little Lina breastfeeding is beautiful! Breastfeeding is such a special thing for me too, a bond that no one could ask me to break with my little guy. I just don't know how any other mother could be negative about or misunderstand breastfeeding, it blows my mind! It is a beautiful thing that we can do for our babies and a lovely way to share special time with them...big hugs to you for enduring mean words about your choices!

    PS Max's feet are getting so, so big!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I agree with Whitney. I think you are an excellent and loving muma, and I am privileged to get glimpses of your life with the kids. I really really miss the days of breastfeeding. I would love one more to have that time with a little one again. Treasure every single moment, and let it go as long as you and Lina agree it should.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Be proud of your choices, Maxima! You are making the best decision for your family, and no one has the right to criticize you or make you feel bad about that decision. I wish breastfeeding would have worked for us as well as it has worked for you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Gorgeous, you are such a loving, wonderful mama :-)

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016