Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2012

359/366 - 24. December 2012

Merry Christmas!

One of the things I love about christmas are the traditions. Since there is a little guy going with us and a little girl joined us too, I try to build up traditions around Holidays that work for us as a family.

Before my darling and I had babies we were not really busy around the Christmas Eve. We were celebrating with our families, I had all gifts together in time, I loved to cook an extravagant dinner for us, prepare yummy sweets and spent a relaxed, funny and entertaining evening.

Then, 2009, little Max came to us and completed everything we had. From this time on I don´t have the constant feeling of missing the most important thing in my life any more. So I wanted to have and make everything perfect... especially the time around Christmas.

The first year, my plans turned out quite manageable... Max was 6 weeks old and sleeping nearly all the time. Omi, daddy and I prepared our celebration.

The following year he was a one year old who was tirelessly exploring his world... and my world with the decorated tree, all gifts and the tidy house in it! Not so relaxed any more... but oh so wonderful with bright blue baby eyes!

2011 was the first year we were the four of us together under the beautiful tree. My heart was full of happiness... and stress because I wanted to create the greatest memories for Max and Lina. The whole family joined us... it was wonderful on the one hand but far too exhausting on the other hand. I was working all day and didn´t really have time for our family.

This year a change took place. I wanted this change especially after all the mishaps the day before. I had to take care that there would not not come up times when I would hate christmas because it was the most stressful time of the year. I wanted to keep up my antecipation I always felt as a child and I wanted this feeling now that I had little ones!

So I started to make things simple and family-focused and enjoyable because of this! I´m very sure my darlings prefer this light version as they get it from a happy mama. 

We got up quite early in the morning and had a relaxed breakfast together after daddy had gone to buy a beautiful (new) tree and yummy tarts for us. Then he decorated our tree together with Max. Missy had to wait in the cot. She was too curiously checking out the baubles.



In the meantime I did the last little steps in the kitchen and then we had fun time in the city again... driving the christmas train and visiting baby Jesus in the crib! So wonderful!


When we came home the babies had fallen asleep in the car. Before omi and opi came over to spend the evening with us I took a bath with Lina and daddy was showering and dressing Max. Everything was so peaceful and I enjoyed the time I could cuddle my babies, hug and kiss them and hold them tight instead of standing in the kitchen, cooking, washing and becoming more and more worn out.

About half past six omi and opi came over. Opi had prepared yummy food for us... I know... lucky us!

But first we decided to let the children unwrap some gifts to keep them occupied for the time we had dinner... this didn´t work like we hoped... they didn´t stop unrapping. It was the greatest fuss since ... ever, bahaha!


The evening was really awesome, entertaining, cosy and heartwarming! The children... although a bit in high spirits and too excited... were so cute, lovely and delighted!


I came to my senses and know now that family time is definitely the thing my babies will remember. They will not remember the four courses meal and three desserts, the tons of gifts and the perfectly clean house... of course I have to work for some points even more... but that´s my plan. Listing our Christmas traditions and keeping them flexible... the main thing is that they work for us! 

Love*

Mama+Papa

3 Kommentare:

  1. this is SUCH a gorgeous post and im soooo proud of you for prioritising and simplifying! Putting your family first and working out what works for you guys and making time to enjoy the day w the kids. just gorgeous!! it looks like a magical day :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Yes so many beautiful pictures of Max and Lina and I love that you simplified and put your lovely babies first. There are times when I think Lina looks a little like Riggs...they are both so beautiful and happy!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love how you describe having Max as stopping that feeling that you were missing something. I love the purpose and value I have found in the children. We also simplified a lot this year. We just cooked a lot less and played a lot more and it was lovely, though still strange to hear life going on as normal outside our walls! Your pictures are very beautiful and show how your wonderfully close family unit adore each other. Have a lovely 2013 my dear Austrian friend. I am sure one day there will be pictures of our four children playing together!!

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016