Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012

365/366 - 30. December 2012

Proud

Confessed... I´m a wee bit proud of myself. One single day to go and I did it. I will have finished my 366 project. At the beginning... on the 1st of January... I started with a little toddler and a tiny baby... and lots of antecipation.

Inspired by Georgia of Documenting Delight I thought I should try to do a photo a day project and write a few lines concerning a delightful moment or even our simple days. I wanted to write in english because on the one hand I found out I could describe my feelings much better and on the other hand I became member of a group full of awesome women... the documenting delighters.

There are really some I call friends... I feel kind of connection between us and this makes me happy... to have found so many great women all around the world who let us give a glimpse into their lives and who share delights with us.

I didn´t think I would be able to manage posting daily because there were times through the year which were pretty hard. While my babygirl was very little and Max really easy to have it was not difficult. But times started to change... Max became more challenging in spring, wanted lots of attention and more activities... Lina started her expedition and her urge to move grew immeasurably.

Suddenly the days were much more exhausting and I had to struggle to do my daily writing. The problem was that I´m pretty tenacious when I start any kind of project (of course except loosing weight). 
I was one lucky girl that I have such an awesome husband in addition whose support and appreciation (especially) during this year was remarkable. He was entertaining the children or doing evening care while I was writing... and my mother, who was always incredibly supportive too, with her encouraging words and her admiration for my work.
I love you... and I´m thankful to have you

I became kind of documenting addict... I couldn´t imagine to let a wonderful moment (probably a simple one for somebody else) pass by without taking at least a hundred photos just to find one I had fallen for. I think I have never forgotten to take the camera with me this year... this was very exhausting (and sometimes annoying too).

How could I ever finish a project like this? How could I ever stop to document my babies´ every day lives? How will I ever remember what we were doing on whatever day? Would it be possible to continue this project? Would it be weird to take always a photo a day?

I love browsing through my posts and find myself smiling because of the memories, smiling because of the words I had found. 

I think I will keep on... too many delights to capture and protect!


 I love you my babies... you make me happy every single moment of my life!

Your Mama

6 Kommentare:

  1. I am so glad to have met you through this project, I definitely feel a connection to you and your beautiful babies! Please go on in 2013, I love seeing daily photos of Lina and Max!! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. These are great photos of your kiddos. Thank you so much for being supportive and amazing through this whole project! I'm so glad to have met you and I can't wait to see what the next years will bring to all of us :) Give extra hugs and kisses to Max and Lina from me and Miss V - it has been a wonderful journey with you! (Oh I'm crying. And we still have one day left!)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Good on you for saying it out loud - you should be so very proud of yourself Maxima!
    Your children are so beautiful and your lovely way with them comes through very clearly in your writing and through the moments you have captured in 2012.

    Thank you for your support to all the DD members. Your gentle and kind presence has been appreciated by myself and I am sure many others :)

    Wishing you and your beautiful babes a very exciting, fun and happy 2013!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What great captures of Max hugging his baby sister so enthusiastically. I've really enjoyed getting to know you and your family through your photos this year!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh my goodness. How precious! And how they have grown!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. These photos are adorable. It has been such an honour reading what you write, the love you have for your family and just how much joy you show being a Mummy. Your little ones are gorgeous and you have done an amazing job documenting them this year. A big congratulations.

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016