Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012

361/366 - 26. December 2012

Boxing Day and my babygirl at 16 months

My hubby´s family came over today to spend the afternoon with us as I was quite nasty and uninvited them all for our Christmas Eve. Just didn´t want to be kind of caterer... preferred being together with my loved ones and  have a relaxed time. 

I made some yummy cookies for us and the children got... of course... gifts again!


Lina is 16 months old today and one awesome thing happened. She is sitting on the potty for quite a while already... daddy is asking her to sit down every evening before he puts the children into the bath tub. 
This evening she sat down and was successful... our girl was pretty proud of herself as she recognized that she was peeing into the potty! Isn´t this cutest?

In other ways she grows into a little "big" girl every day more which leaves me behind teary and proud equally. Her hilarious personality is so entertaining I sometimes can hardly believe she is only one and a few months. Babygirl is running all day long, driving her pink car like a lady, climbing the stairs up and down, climbing on every chair and onto the table. Movement is her life.

Lina is sleeping much better now... nursing just a few or sometimes just once a night. She loves eating... it has never been a problem since she made clear not wanting to be fed... except, soup and mash. Somehow she is reasonable that it´s too difficult yet.

Lina definitely tries to talk. She has some words in her vocabulary and is so proud when we are repeating and she realizes that we understand her... and she loves to imitate animal voices. It´s hard to differentiate wether it´s her or our cat, bahaha!

Another topic are typically female ones. My daughter loves dresses and tights, she loves dressing and undressing, is taking the clothes from the drier and putting them around her neck and over the head. She is taking every hat or headband to put it onto her head. Shoes are a favorite as well... going into the wardrobe to take mama´s shoes and walking in them.

And babies... I have the feeling that my babygirl is as much in love with babies as I am. Playing with her dolls, undressing them, covering them with blankets, kissing and wearing them, going for walks... that´s the favorite play. I´m really thankful to have this sweet girl as she shares my greatest passion with so much love and devotion!


Just a sidenote...

Today, 16 years ago, my husband and I met for the very first time. One single day later... the lovestory we still have started. I´m so grateful for this man in my life, grateful for my best friend!


Love,

Mama

Love,

R.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Happiest anniversary. What a great part of your love story, sharing these two children together. Lovely pictures, as always :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Aww I can't believe Lina is already 16 months old! Our babies grow up way too fast! She sounds a lot like Riggs about food, he only likes us to feed him soup or smoothies, otherwise he wants to feed himself! Beautiful picture of you and your hubby too, so glad you have each other and are so happy <3

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016