Montag, 14. Mai 2012

134/366 - 13. May 2012

Daddy´s Birthday and Mother´s Day

This was such a lovely day together with the family. We were playing, talking, cooking together... having coffee and cake and having fun with the children... and I think these are the most important facts about a wonderful mother´s day... and I think papa enjoyed his birthday as well!?


What´s the best about being a mama?

When I think back to the time I was a little girl my most beautiful memories are the ones when I was playing with my dolls and being a mother to them. I was taking care so well, changing diapers, dressing and undressing, hugging and kissing them, going for walks... yes... and even breastfeeding. 
My biggest wish was having a little brother or sister to give this love to. Unfortunately I never got one... 

This is the most important fact about my attitude of having more children. That family of mine is the biggest treasure I have. No load could be so heavy or bad I would wish them away!
I´m so very blessed to have a husband who loves me that much and is the very best support in raising a family a woman could have. And our two little ones are such a gift... when I think about them my heart is filled up with delight and love and I´m bursting with pride! Never ever thought so much love could exist in this world... before I was a mama. 

The love to my other half is incredibly strong and deep but nothing in the world can describe the feelings and emotions I have for my babies. Unhesitatingly I would give everything I have and could do to protect them!

Happy Birthday darling Martin... I wish you all the best! Loved you yesterday, I love you still I always have... I always will!
 


But being a mama is one of the most exhausting jobs too. Sure... I was employed in hospital as a midwife and I defenitely know what working with power means... but having the responsibility for two little ones totally depending on us and our decisions is really hard work and a commitment.


Sometimes I make plans for the day, I want to do special things, I want to spend some time on my own, I have to do the household and so on... but when the children don´t go along there is no way to do this all. Fortunately I have learned to involve my toddler so very much in the daily duties that I rarely have troubles managing my work... and little Lina is the most patient baby in the world!


The older I get I become more and more like my mother and I could not be any prouder. For me she is the best mother I can imagine. She is giving and supporting without expecting, has a good heart and always kind words to soothe. 
... and by the way she is the most lovingly grandmother in the world... loves my babies like she loves me!
Of course we are having discussions and differences of opinion but there is always love between us... and this is the best feeling in the world!


Thank you mama for making this woman and mother out of me... that I am like I am is because of you and I could not be happier about it... because I think I do a good job as a mama! 
Although I´m not perfect... I´m always giving my best!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Your words are always so wise and loving. Very happy to hear you had such a great mother's day, you deserve it!!!

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016