Freitag, 17. Februar 2012

048/366 - 17. February 2012

Toilet training

When Max was about one and a half he liked sitting on the potty really much. We used to read the books he wanted to. From time to time we were successful and had a number one inside. Number two is a really tricky thing. Didn´t work that often!

But all of a sudden my boy decided that it was not the biggest fun to sit there and wait. Sitting is boring and reading books with mama is much more comfortable on the sofa. So the training was interrupted.

A few weeks later I tried again to move Max on the potty but... no way! He screamed and refused enormously. So I let this task rest for a while.

Now it´s once more the time to start the training. I thought it would be really nice for him to have his own zone where to go when to pee. For days there was just the potty on the floor and he still refused.


Confessed... it didn´t look inviting. So a cosy carpet, own toilet paper, some books... and sweets should make it more attractive to him! Just had the thought that he might sit more willingly with a little reward ;-) I know this is not my best idea ever but I don´t have a better one. Nevertheless... it worked!

Max was not enthusiastic right away but got used to the idea and sat down. We read the new book and he endured long. Finally he told "Bath!". 
I´m really proud he didn´t get excited and fussed around... just was uncomplaining! 
Thank you sweetheart for being so incredibly gorgeous, I love you! 


After taking the bath with his sister he strolled around in the bathroom for a while and had a deeper look at the new pee area. I think he likes it!? We will see what´s going to happen tomorrow.


My cute Miss L. was patient like she is most of the time. Rolled about the bathmat sucking her toe and watched Max while sitting on the potty.
So very lovely seeing how much she is already observing him and saving all the interesting things he is learning or already doing. I´m excited wether this will make any difference concerning her developing. 
But don´t grow up too fast little sweetie... mama is still trying to get accustomed to the fact that Max is no longer a baby!

 
Sweet darling I adore you... beautiful girl!

2 Kommentare:

  1. so cute! That is a gorgeous photo of your daughter & I love the photo of you reading to your son. Good luck with the potty. One thing I'm not looking forward to!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a clever mama to think of his own area for the toilet x Good luck and have fun

    AntwortenLöschen

07. November 2016